THE PERFECT MOBILE HARD DRIVE NEXT TO YOUR MACBOOK!
The Freecom Mobile Drive Mg, with Thunderbolt™ interface for lightning-fast data transfer speed, has been specifically designed as storage expansion for your MacBook. The enclosure of the Mobile Drive Mg is made from magnesium, a solid, lightweight, cool and environment-friendly material. Combined with the elegant and sleek design, the use of Magnesium has resulted in a perfect match for your MacBook. The Freecom Mobile Drive Mg is Mac HFS+ formatted and can be optimally used with your Mac from the moment you connect it to the USB port of your Mac or MacBook. It is 100% TimeMachine® compatible, ideal for making backups of your important data! The Freecom Mobile Drive Mg is exclusively available at Apple resellers and via freecom.com.
• Mobile hard drive in stylish design, complements the design of your MacBook
• Thunderbolt™ - the fastest available interface (max. 10 Gbit/s)
• Magnesium enclosure: ultra lightweight, high quality, solid and environment- friendly material
• Connects to the USB or Thunderbolt™ port of your MacBook
• Mac HFS+ formatted, immediately ready to be used on your MacBook and 100% Time Machine® compatible
• Power via USB or Thunderbolt™ port, no need to carry a bulky power adapter
• No cooling fan, ensures quiet operation
• High quality and sleek design
• Two years manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited free helpdesk support
• Solid - Magnesium has the best strength-to-weight ratio of any of the commonly used structural metals, has excellent dimensional stability and is highly impact and dent resistant
• Lightweight - Magnesium is the lightest of all the commonly used metals (50 to 60% lighter than aluminium)
• Cool - Magnesium has the same characteristics as aluminium - it keeps an enclosure cool, dissipates the heat - no noisy cooling fan required!
• Green - Magnesium is an earthly matter. It is produced from sea water, brines and magnesium-bearing minerals, which offer unlimited reserves
THUNDERBOLT™ WHAT IS IT?
Thunderbolt™ is a new peripheral-connection technology, developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, that combines data, video, audio, and power in a single connection. Thunderbolt™ allows for high-speed connection of peripherals such as hard drives, RAID arrays, video-capture solutions, and network interfaces, and it can transmit high-definition video using the DisplayPort protocol. Each Thunderbolt™ port also provides up to 10 Watts of power to connected peripherals.
SPEED – the Thunderbolt™ connection cable has two channels with 10Gbit/s bandwidth, which are used for both uplink and downlink. One channel for data, the other for video. You can now have bi-directional video and data streams without losing bandwidth speed.
DAISY CHAINING – if your Thunderbolt™ device is equipped with 2 Thunderbolt™ ports, you can daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt™ products (storage, but also displays etc.) to each other. Means you effectively only need 1 interface port on your notebook.
INTERFACE: USB 3.0 & Thunderbolt™, can also be connected to USB 2.0*
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED: max. 10000 Mbit/s (Thunderbolt™), max. 5000Mbit/s (USB 3.0), theoretical data transfer speed
POWER REQUIREMENTS: power via USB or Thunderbolt™ port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 POH
DIMENSIONS: 12.9 x 8.1 x 1.5 cm
WEIGHT: 175 g
Operating temperature: 10° C / 35° C
Storage temperature: -20° C / 70° C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MAC: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel Mac, 512MB RAM or higher, available USB 3.0 / 2.0* or Thunderbolt™** port, Mac OS X v10.4 or higher
This drive is Mac HFS+ formatted. For use on Windows computers the drive needs to be reformatted (formatting software tool included).
* When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
• Freecom Mobile Drive Mg
• USB connection cable
• Quick Install Guide
• Free unlimited helpdesk support
• Two years manufacturer’s warranty
** Thunderbolt™ connection cable must be purchased separately